You are here
Secondary Family and Consumer Science
Family and Consumer Sciences (FACS) Mission Statement
The mission of Family and Consumer Sciences Education is to prepare students for aspects of their personal and professional lives. FACS provides opportunities for students to develop the foundational knowledge and skills necessary for:
- Successful life management and career development by applying employability skills such as problem solving, critical thinking, integrity, cultural competence and collaboration.
- Social-awareness and interpersonal communication to establish and maintain positive relationships in family, community and workplace.
- Financial well-being through management of personal and family resources
- Aligning nutrition and family wellness with individual and family needs by selecting and preparing nutritious food.
- Functioning effectively as providers and consumers of goods and services.